A fracture is a broken bone. A bone may be completely fractured or partially fractured in any number of ways (crosswise, lengthwise, in multiple pieces).
Depending on where the fracture is and how severe, treatment may include:
- Splints – to stop movement of the broken limb.
- Braces – to support the bone.
- Plaster cast – to provide support and immobilize the bone.
- Traction – a less common option.
- Surgery – placement of metal implants to hold the bone pieces together.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Nguyen to discuss the treatment options.